OH, LIKE YOU GIVE A SH*T

Welcome To Tony's Scattershot Thoughts On Minutiae

Name:
Location: Fresno, California

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Welcome To The Infinite Stream Of Crapola

Hi everyone and welcome to Oh, Like You Give A Sh*t, my other blog. As much as I told myself that I would never do this, I'm attempting a more traditional journal entry styled blog and for a couple of reasons--neither of which has anything to do with the notion that readers will find my drivel utterly mesmerizing.

The first reason is to simply practice writing. I have plans to write something in a longer form in the future and in order to do that, I need to write in all sorts of different ways and not get bogged down into one project. This directly relates to my primary blog, Tony's Hazy Concert Memories. That blog site is almost entirely devoted to (hopefully) humorous concert stories and recollections and I tend to edit myself to death before I post (publish). I also do not write there often enough because of the self-imposed standards and expectations. Many times, I leave a storyline hanging for too long because I have to be mentally ready to attempt those tales. I think that a journal styled blog will keep me interested, more willing to write, and it might even produce some ideas for other projects.

The second reason is that typing is easier than writing longhand. I have kept a journal from time to time, mostly of my travels. I recently read over some pages and actually found them enjoyable. But I remember that while I was writing in those pages, I was thinking that I wasn't getting all of my ideas down on paper due to the effort required to write everything down while trying to keep things readable.

I hope that Hazy readers will come on over from time to time and, conversely, if people should wander onto Give A Sh*t, they'll head on over to the concert stories site for some laughs.

As always, please leave a comment if you feel like it. In the near future, I'll be tweaking this site with some bells and whistles and you'll be able to email me directly as well. (You can do that now over on Hazy.)

Anyway, this coming week, I'm on vacation and I plan to use my new laptop to get some creative writing projects done or at least underway. One project is a plan to rewrite and expand upon one of my older concert stories from the other blog and submit it for publication somewhere. I'll let you guess which one if you want to peruse the archives over there. Look at it as a game.

This vacation will find me camping over on the central California coast. Once a year, I make a solo trek over to Morro Bay or San Simeon and camp out. I like the solitude, using the time to hike, read, or whatever suits me at the moment. And when I'm in the area, I also listen to the best station in the nation, KPIG. I can say that the Pig is now the best anywhere because KOTR went under a couple of years ago. But KPIG is simulcast out of Santa Cruz on KOTR's old signal and they shared a very similar format (free format, that is--a rarity these days in modern radio), so at least the spirit of independent radio is still alive and well. While my first love will always be The Otter, I'm now shacking up with a PIG.

I'll also take an afternoon and head into Boo Boo Records in San Luis Obispo. This is probably my favorite record store anywhere besides Record Explosion in NYC, where I spent my high school graduation money on Whitesnake and Ian Gillan import LPs in 1985. Boo Boo is an independent store and the used CD hunting is always good. It's a good bet that I'll drop at least a bill in there this time as usual. I'm hoping to score used or even promo copies of some new releases from Pearl Jam, Wolfmother, and maybe The Black Keys. Wish me luck.

A couple of days into my trip, my wife's sister and her husband will join me in their travel trailer, then on Friday, my wife will drive over and spend the weekend as well. We also have a couple of friends coming in too, so it looks like an old fashioned big time around the campfire. I might even have a beer or two.

Thanks for checking in and come back often. I'd love to hear from you if you have a moment. Any feedback is welcome and I'll always try to respond to questions or comments when I can.

See you soon................Tony

1 Comments:

Blogger Lefty said...

So Tony, now you have TWO blogs not to write on? Do you have to outdo Steve Portela who only has one he doesn't update?

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home