OH, LIKE YOU GIVE A SH*T

Welcome To Tony's Scattershot Thoughts On Minutiae

Name:
Location: Fresno, California

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Who throws a gauntlet these days?

My sister, that's who.

After a lengthy conversation with my sister, on my birthday no less, we swerved from to topic to topic, and landed on my lack of writing output. After many observations and reasonable theories as to why I procrastinate and generally have to get off of my ass, we came to a deal. Or, a costly pact for sure.

After listening to her trusted and respected advice, I submitted wholly to the fact that I have something working against me that restricts my creative output. In an effort to get me to produce, my sister offered that I needed something in the way of accountability. She proposed a deal in which I have to email her an extemporaneous writing of five minute's worth effort daily. If I should fail to email her an example of my blathering on and on about whatever hits the gray matter that day, I forfeit 10 CDs from the collection of 2000+.

Suffice to say that she knew where to hit me. My CDs are precious to me and the idea of her coming over here, joyfully dancing and taking ten discs at her discretion might just be the kick in the ass I need to put my shit in motion.

So, when you all read my first book, the dedication will include the following:

.......And to Susan; I want my fucking Dio CDs back. Now.

Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lefty said...

Hey how can I get in on that action? I'll start with the Ac/DC and work my way down the alphabet.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Lefty said...

So now it's Sept. 6 and I'm wondering how your CD collection is looking NOW.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home